Midwest Group Benefits makes it easy for you to obtain health insurance!
Our individual health markets offer various choices for individual coverage. We can provide permanent individual policies utilizing several carriers with options to suit your needs.
Short-term policies are available for those gaps in coverage between jobs, or dependents no longer eligible on parents' policies, or probationary periods on new positions, or for a period waiting for underwriting decisions on permanent policies.
Permanent policies are available on or off the exchange to provide you and your family with the ongoing coverage you need.
What You Need to Know about Insurance
With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the following are important facts that affect how you may purchase your health insurance:
- There is an open enrollment period for the Individual insurance market from November 1st through January 31st. This means that you can only purchase health insurance during this open enrollment period. Note: you can still purchase non-medical benefits such as dental, life or disability year round
- Under the new rules of the ACA, you can now add your dependent children (up to age 26) to your policy.
- It is illegal to be turned down or quoted different rates due to a pre-existing condition.
- You may be fined a tax penalty for not complying with the requirements of the ACA
- A tax subsidy is ONLY available if you purchase your insurance through the Exchange. If you don't qualify for a subsidy, it is likely that there is a less expensive plan that is better suited to your needs through the open market.
Medicare Supplement policies are offered for qualifying Medicare enrollees, to make that transition into Medicare as easy as possible. The supplement plans are designed with the options available to pick up those Medicare approved unpaid charges, thus offering more peace of mind in handling your medical expenses.
For more information or for a quote on individual health insurance, call our office at (563) 382-9611 of Toll Free at (800) 344-3766 or email Nikki Thompson at email@example.com